Not all applications of fertilizer are the same from lawn to lawn. At Between The Edges, we determine your specific fertilizer need based on your lawn. We take into account the temperature and also the amount of recent rainfall to determine when is the best time to apply fertilizer.
There is also a greater need to fertilize when the grass is at the peak of its growing season. The faster the grass grows, the more nutrients it needs.
We perform a soil test to determine exactly how much nitrogen, phosphorous and potassium should be applied.
Fertilizing supplies nutrients needed during the high demands of the growing season.
Benefits of fertilization.
- A vigorous and healthy lawn resists weeds.
- Proper nutrition protects your grass from pest infestations and helps it recover should one occur.
- A thriving lawn is also more resilient to traffic.
- Proper pH is maintained in your soil.
- Nitrogen is supplied for leaf and shoot growth and a deep green color.
- Phosphorous is provided for establishing seedlings and root growth.
- Potassium is given for greater tolerance to hot and cold weather and against wear.
- An application of fertilizer in the fall prepares your lawn for winter and speeds its recovery in the spring.
- Fertilizing establishes new lawns and maintains established lawns.
If you are interested in fertilizing the lawn at your home or business, call or email us today, or use our quick online contact form.