- Business License
- Bond (if required by city)
- Insurance-a certificate of insurance will be sent directly from the contractor’s agent (general liability, workers comp, etc.)
- Permit for Project (if needed-depending on code for your city/county)
- Engineer Design (if needed-depending on code for your city/county-normally when wall is over 4ft. in height). Engineer Designs are being required by most cities and counties around the CSRA area for walls over 4′ tall. If a contractor doesn’t know this, then they probably should not be doing the wall.
- Location of Utility Services (to ensure the safety of underground utilities-occurs several days before project begins)
A GSWCC (Georgia Soil & Water Conservation Commission) certification is required as well as a NCMA(National Concrete Masonry Association) Segmental Retaining Wall Installer certification is required to build or pull a permit for walls over 4′ tall in Columbia County, GA.
Any landscaping and retaining walls can be done year round due to our mild climate. Call us today for an estimate!