St. Augustine grass is native to the Gulf of Mexico, the West Indies and Western Africa and has been planted in home lawns in the US since the 1890′s.
This medium green colored turf is adapted from the Carolina coasts to Texas and into Mexico.
St. Augustine, grown locally on our own professional sod farms, is well suited for home lawns and commercial landscapes throughout the Mid- to Deep South.
Characteristics of St. Augustine grass:
- Greater cold tolerance than other varieties
- Medium-finer leaf texture
- Best propagated as sod
- Spreads by surface runners and roots quickly
- Shade and summer heat tolerant
- Salt tolerant
- Adapted to a soil pH range of 5.0-8.5
- Can be mowed at heights of 1 to 3 inches
St. Augustine provides a coarse textured, shade tolerant, attractive colored lawn sought by homeowners and landscape architects alike and it is noted for its winter hardiness. If you are interested in sodding your home or business landscape with St. Augustine grass, call or email us today, or use our quick online contact form.