Erosion is when the particles in your soil are loosened due to an excessive about of water that does not soak into the ground and carried off by runoff. This excess of water can wash off fertilizers, pesticides, sediment, etc. into your waterways, remove valuable topsoil, and cause flooding problems. All of this ends up downstream and eventually in our water supply which is a good reason why we should control it. Yard erosion can leave bare spots and scouring of your property. A few ways to help control erosion is landscaping and it also adds value to your yard which our team can assist you with!
A few signs of erosion include:
- Exposed roots
- Gutted areas
- Puddles in yard
- Signs of splashing of soil or mud on pavement
A French Drain is also an option for water to be diverted away without leaving your yard soggy or washed out.
Depending on your situation, the water can be diverted to:
- A low-lying area of your property
- A drainage ditch
- A dry well
- The street
Installing a French Drain can save you from expensive repairs later! Our professional team can determine the nature of your drainage problem and deliver a solution to leave you worry free!
When You Need a French Drain
- When you have a problem with surface water, such as a soggy lawn or a driveway that washes out
- If water is getting into your basement
- If you’re building a retaining wall on a hillside (Between the Edges Installs French Drains Behind Retaining Walls)